Re: Preventing Linux from switching tasks?

From: twgray (terry.gray_at_turbochef.com)
Date: 09/02/05

Date: 2 Sep 2005 07:21:28 -0700

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
> twgray wrote:
> > I have a GUI library which requires the underlying OS to prevent task
> > switching during screen refreshes. Does anyone know how to do this in
> > Linux? Or, if it is even possible?
>
> What do you mean by "screen refreshes" ? Linux does not not include any
> software to refresh any screen.

Linux doesn't, but the GUI library I am implementing does have screen
refreshing, and it requires that the underlying OS suspend task
switching while doing it.

Relevant Pages

  • Preventing Linux from switching tasks?
    ... I have a GUI library which requires the underlying OS to prevent task ... switching during screen refreshes. ... Linux? ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Preventing Linux from switching tasks?
    ... > I have a GUI library which requires the underlying OS to prevent task ... > switching during screen refreshes. ... What do you mean by "screen refreshes"? ... Linux does not not include any ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Minimizing front end growth
    ... Always decompile before switching ... rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. ... > for the back end DB, then refreshes all the links (so that the BE can be ... > Should I add an automated compact/repair to the FE? ...