Writing diretly to memory (memory mapped IO)

From: Sagaert Johan (sagaert.j)
Date: 09/06/05

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:39:03 +0200

Hi

Can i directly write to memory ?

eg :

unsigned char * mappedport= 0x04000000L;

*=mappedport=my_data_to_write

My first attemps failed , do i need some kind of privilege before i can do
that ?

Johan

(i am using uclinux on coldfire platform dilnetpc dnp/5280)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: please help me view the code
    ... memory address of where to put the data, ... in C++ eof() is not ment to be used this way. ... and the number passed to read will be adjusted by the compiler ... When dealing with binary files, it is better to use unsigned char ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    ... | InputBuffer = KernHelpGetSysAddrForMdl; ... | Invalid system memory was referenced. ...
  • Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    ... | InputBuffer = KernHelpGetSysAddrForMdl; ... | Invalid system memory was referenced. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev)
  • First Fit Memory Allocation -- review
    ... I need experts opinion/comments in memory allocation/de-allocation ... struct tBlock *avail; ... unsigned char *start; ... *startp, unsigned int size); ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • [UNIX] Linux Kernel do_brk() Vulnerablility (Explained)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... A critical security bug has been found in the Linux kernel 2.4.22 (and ... earlier) memory management subsystem. ... for the code working at the lowest privilege level. ...
    (Securiteam)