Kernel panic: BUG! on uClinux 2.4.31-uc0 when executing system()

aamanning_at_dsc.com
Date: 09/09/05

    Date: 9 Sep 2005 09:39:49 -0700

    I'm currently having a problem using the system() call to execute shell
    commands from within a process. Previously on 2.4.17 (i think that was
    the last one i used) i could successfully execute a system("insmod
    ticker.o c 247 0") to load my own device drivers, but since updating to
    2.4.31 i will receive the Kernel panic: BUG! message and the system
    hangs. Thinking maybe something was wrong with my module, i decided to
    just attempt to execute a /bin/sh and recieve the same message. Has
    something been changed for the sh command line support to not allow
    multiple sh running?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    On a side note, the reason for me using system() is because i need to
    programatically load/unload device drivers depending on user input.

    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron