Kernel panic: BUG! on uClinux 2.4.31-uc0 when executing system()

aamanning_at_dsc.com
Date: 09/09/05

    Date: 9 Sep 2005 09:39:49 -0700

    I'm currently having a problem using the system() call to execute shell
    commands from within a process. Previously on 2.4.17 (i think that was
    the last one i used) i could successfully execute a system("insmod
    ticker.o c 247 0") to load my own device drivers, but since updating to
    2.4.31 i will receive the Kernel panic: BUG! message and the system
    hangs. Thinking maybe something was wrong with my module, i decided to
    just attempt to execute a /bin/sh and recieve the same message. Has
    something been changed for the sh command line support to not allow
    multiple sh running?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    On a side note, the reason for me using system() is because i need to
    programatically load/unload device drivers depending on user input.

    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

    • [UNIX] Vulnerabilities Found in Scponly
      ... SSHd environment files. ... the user can upload a file with a custom ... This provides the user with a means of running arbitrary commands ... the user could execute arbitrary commands by uploading ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] FWD Cisco IOS Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
      ... > Vulnerability Alert Cisco IOS Remote Command Execution ... > 9.4 Last Change Cisco has responded to this issue; ... > prone to an issue that may permit gay people to execute arbitrary ... > commands from a password prompt. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Dont mind if I grouse on some basic topics?? (very long)
      ... I know as experienced programmers you really don't want to hear people gripe ... and moan about basic, indeed critical topics, but I just have to vent on ... commands within a set sequence. ... doesn't appear to uniformly execute them. ...
      (comp.windows.x)
    • Re: HELP !!! No more task-bare and menu bare
      ... He should though be able to start a new terminal login from his root session and there login as himself and execute the commands to get the bars back. ... So I delete ALL my directories .xxx and ALL my files .xxx from my /home/dir then login on my Ubuntu account and it's the same!!!! ... Initializing nautilus-share extension ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Redirection issue
      ... 1- execute input commands from standard input, ... the phrase "it does not work anymore" carries very little meaning. ... after compilation and execution of the shell with a simple command like ...
      (comp.lang.c)