Linux 2.6.14 and MPC8349E

From: Florian Behrens (flobe01_at_arcor.de)
Date: 10/31/05

    Date: 31 Oct 2005 09:09:04 -0800

    Hi,

    has anybody yet tried to get Linux 2.6.14 running on a MPC8349E?
    Compilation works fine using the default config (mpc834x_sys_defconfig)
    but after booting the kernel with U-Boot 1.1.3 it starves after the
    line 'Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK'. Using my debugger I can debug
    up to the RFI instruction in turn_on_mmu (head.S). Probably a problem
    setting up the MMU correctly?

    I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I'm using the default DIP switch
    settings in the Getting Started doc.

    Any hints appreciated,
    Florian.

    (By the way: Why does 'make ... vmlinux' and 'make ... uImage' works
    fine, but 'make ... <without target>' not?)