Proc directory on CompactFlash

Hi,

I want to build a small RTLinux system on a CompactFlash, but don't know
what to do with the /proc directory.

I think I'm supposed to put the /tmp directory on a TMPFS in ram to avoid
wearing out the flash device too quickly.

I've heard of the contents of /proc being referred to as 'virtual'. Does
that mean they are not actually stored on disk and can then be forgotten
about? Otherwise, if the contents of /proc really are files stored on a
disk, then do I do the same thing with the /proc directory as the /tmp
directory?

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn.

  • Re: Secondary IDE slave
    ... available CompactFlash connector is hard-wired to IDE2. ... > with one disk configured as slave.... ... > config) to make use of CSEL, then it results into a single disk configured ... > as slave. ...
  • Loader failure when booting from CompactFlash
    ... I'm trying to boot a compact -CURRENT installation from a CompactFlash ... CompactFlash, it crashes immediately when attempting to start the loader. ... It gives an error message, but the system immediately restarts, so I can't ... The CompactFlash disk boots fine in a completely different ...
    (freebsd-current)