Build embedded Linux system on ARM based board

hi,

we are about to move our development to ARM + Linux. The board will be
ARM9 based, and, most likely NOT be a standard one.

i think we firstly need to build a cross-compile development
environment on our host computers ( that are already running slackware
or redhat linux ), then next step will be build and put an embeded
linux OS, as well as some basic utilities, down to the target board.

my question is, what's the popular ( widely accepted ) collection of
software tools which are suit the job? i've already heard ELDK and
U-Boot, but i am not sure whether it will work for a non-standard
board.

thank you in advance.

-
woody

  • Re: Why not XML based configurationfiles?
    ... I would go further and suggest that, in this context, "Linux" is ... > every once in a while and might come up with a standard (which ... If it's trivial to write a tool to rewrite config files, ... Remember that the costs are distributed... ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: C++ lib compatibility between Red Hat 9 and 7.3
    ... What he's wanting is a standard C++ ABI. ... same Mathematica binaries run on pretty much every Linux out there. ... >> all of your apps and they neither compile and definitely won't run. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Delphi for .NET and Win32
    ... .Net is cracked up to be an open standard. ... Windows and Linux. ... The big selling point for Windows over Linux is that there's a huge base ... It's hard to find an objective TCO comparison between Windows and Linux. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Do you think its SEXY? N.B. not spam. :)
    ... It's not cross platform i.e. ... for DOS or Windows to work with it on Linux. ... of cc65) is trying to be as much as possible standard C compliant. ... Unises and Windows versions and stepping around the doogie on the ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Wozu noch DOS?
    ... Linux jedoch zum Betriebssystem, aufgrund irgendeiner schwer faßbaren ... für welchen Compiler sie geschrieben sind, ... *Note Standard Libraries: Standard Libraries. ...
    (de.comp.os.msdos)