Re: RAM test question

"Zhenhuan Du" <duzhenhuan@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ejsdhb$94v$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to test RAM Address bus ,Data bus and Every Cell completely.
Can you give me some hint? Thanks!

Vivekanandan M wrote:
> Hello ,

You can also write the RAM test routine in C!! It all depends on
what kind of RAM test you want to perform before starting your
application.

Best Regards,
Vivekanandan M

Zhenhuan Du wrote:
Hello!

I have a board with NET+50 (with ARM7TDMI core) , NOR FLASH and SDRAM.
And one question:
Codes are stored in FLASH , if I want to test RAM and print out some
message or get some command through RS-232 serial port before codes are
loaded into RAM and begin to run.Then RAM test routine must be written
in assembly language,right? Or can i write the test routine in C since
assembly programming is very time consuming?

If you can lock the 8K cache then you can use it for stack and local
variables for a C app running directly from Flash. It is probably useful to
find out how to do that anyway because you don't want the cache getting in
the way of RAM testing.

Peter

.