Re: need low cost linux box

"Helix" <hex@xxxxx> wrote in message
news:enlr66$sbn$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sven ha scritto:
Hello,

I'm looking for a low cost box with the following specs:

- At least Pentium 200MHz or compliant processor
- 128Mb RAM or more
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface
- TV out (S-VIDEO, SCART, ... at least PAL, if possible NTSC as well)
- IR port (for remote control - the remote may be an option)
- Audio out
- Price < 100 EURO preferably

IMHO you have to spend at least 250 euro
Tell me if you find such system for that price ;-)

--
_
.-._.=\-.

You maybe able to get a low end PDA for this. An IPAQ/Familiar linux
distribution will probably work. It would have everything except the TV Out
which you'd probably need a CF card to do.

OR you're basically describing a TIVO box. I know the TIVO Ones had 50 MHz
PPC and are very hackable. Not sure about th enewer Tivos.

-Clark

  • Re: OT going to Frys Electronics
    ... talked about was a "LOW COST ITEM". ... price was probably not the best price in the marketplace. ... > natural tendency to equate huge selection and warehouse merchandising ... > contained entirely withing the average Fry's Electronics store. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Professionals wants their fees scale kept
    ... Low cost is the end all, be all for manufacturers. ... responsible for maintaining the price of the retailed product. ... allowed to be flexible, so that competition will determine, the service ...
    (soc.culture.malaysia)
  • Re: Things I will Like to see NewDevCo embrace
    ... OK, there are two ways to increase profits: ... Increase price for existing users so that overall you get more ... Increase market share so that you get more money. ... the cost of providing a low cost entry version must be ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Shopping: Oops! Bought UALAQ, QCOM leap, QCOM Call
    ... 59 leap calls on qcom expiring January 07 for a strike price of 50 at ... 45 leap calls at ave price of ~$5.18 (adjusted back up since i dropped ... my low cost lot again). ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: OT going to Frys Electronics
    ... > talked about was a "LOW COST ITEM". ... > price was probably not the best price in the marketplace. ... The Chinese workers who couldn't afford goods built for America will be ...
    (rec.boats)