Installing ARM crosstool chain

Hi friends,
I am trying to install ARM crosstool chain on my 2.6.9-5.EL
linux host.I have followed the stepd metioned below.
1.First I installed binutils 2.15 sucessfully
2. After that i setup the linux kernel headers
$tar -zxvf linux-2.4.29.tar.gz
$zcat patch-2.4.19-rmk7.tar.gz|patch -p1
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- menuconfig
$ make dep
and copied the headers into my prjtools directory .
3.I have chosen gcc-3.2.2 to install for this i selected
glibc-2.3.5,glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.5.
in order to install this i used the below command.

$ ../glibc-2.3.5/configure --host=arm-linux --
prefix="/usr" --enable-add-ons --with-headers=/home/thiru/driverdev/
tools/arm-linux/include/

Then i got the following error

"checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later. This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel
header
files. To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers."

Please anybody let me know the mistake i did.

And if anybody knows the perfect combination of GNU
packeges(binutils,gcc,glibc),please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance

  • Installing NVIDIA Drivers
    ... I want to install the nvidia drivers NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run. ... Unable to find the kernel header files for the currently running ...
    (Debian-User)
  • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
    ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • [opensuse] Re: Suse 10.3 install - oh dear (rant only)
    ... when I share an opinion, I make an effort to do so in an unemotional way. ... Linux, and oftentimes suggest it to people who are willing to try ... is important to take into consideration not only the feedback that comes ... likely able to install the product on their own, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
    ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
    (Fedora)