Installing ARM crosstool chain

Hi friends,
I am trying to install ARM crosstool chain on my 2.6.9-5.EL
linux host.I have followed the stepd metioned below.
1.First I installed binutils 2.15 sucessfully
2. After that i setup the linux kernel headers
$tar -zxvf linux-2.4.29.tar.gz
$zcat patch-2.4.19-rmk7.tar.gz|patch -p1
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- menuconfig
$ make dep
and copied the headers into my prjtools directory .
3.I have chosen gcc-3.2.2 to install for this i selected
glibc-2.3.5,glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.5.
in order to install this i used the below command.

$ ../glibc-2.3.5/configure --host=arm-linux --
prefix="/usr" --enable-add-ons --with-headers=/home/thiru/driverdev/
tools/arm-linux/include/

Then i got the following error

"checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later. This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel
header
files. To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers."

Please anybody let me know the mistake i did.

And if anybody knows the perfect combination of GNU
packeges(binutils,gcc,glibc),please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance

.