Re: Question on pci-configuration space

srblinux@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Iam working on pci application programming in linux I have Few
questions

If i have two pci Devices of same type and same vendor
how can i Differentiate two devices?

You can't. Following Linux's device-driver model, both cards are bound to
the same driver. Maybe the subvendor ID could help?

But why its important to differ two equal devices?

JB

  • Re: Question on pci-configuration space
    ... If i have two pci Devices of same type and same vendor ... suppose the devices are memory based devices 0-1000address deals 1st ... address lines going to the devices How can i differentiate these two ... devices with the configuration space? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Question on pci-configuration space
    ... how can i Differentiate two devices? ... Following Linux's device-driver model, ... Maybe the subvendor ID could help? ... we have a chipselect to various devices. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)