Re: serial port does not work on PC104

scstop@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I am now using a PC104 (model: nano-4386A, vendor IEI world),
which will be running linux.

Now I installed fedora core 6(kernel 2.6). but COM1 does not work
at
all. I have installed winXP on the same hardware platform, COM1 works
well. So the hardware is OK. Here is detailed info.

(1) hardware configuration: NANO-4386A, Pentium 1.6GHz, Sandisk 8GB CF
card, 1GB Ram, no hard disk. Keep the jumpers on the board as default
state.
(2) Loop back connect the COM1, that is connecting TXT to RXD. It is a
9 pin port. send and receive through the same port.
(3) Install linux OS(fedora core 2.6, kernel 2.6) on it.
(4) Test using sct, a software tool for serial port debugging.
(5) NO output through COM1, cannot receive either.
(6) The same program sct works well on my desktop, which installed the
same OS using the same DVD disk.
By the way, there is 6 serial ports on the board.Even if I disable
the other 5 in BIOS, the only /dev/ttyS0 does not work.
(7) I can see the io address and IRQ number is correct by "dmesg |
more tty*"
Is there anything I should pay attention to?

Do the ports share IRQ's? Some multiport adapters have a status register to
determine which port requested the IRQ. Linux need to know about that. I
think theres a serial port HOWTO out there.

--
Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  • Re: checking in
    ... Install Linux at home. ... Or run Windows XP or Server 2K3, enable remote access, open port ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: checking in
    ... Install Linux at home. ... Or run Windows XP or Server 2K3, enable remote access, open port ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Porting Acrobat 9 to FBSD Mozilla / Opera and OT: installer promotion (was "Re: is THIS why the 6.2
    ... I'll try to get the linuxplugin-wrapper port to work with Flash9 ... for Linux and then I'll submit the change upstream to the maintainer. ... to install Opera 9.10 with the necessary configuration tweaks to use Linux ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: serial port does not work on PC104
    ... I have installed winXP on the same hardware ... Loop back connect the COM1, that is connecting TXT to RXD. ... It is a 9 pin port. ... Install linux OS ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Averatec 5500 Trying to set up SuSe 9.2
    ... I am attempting to set up Linux ... I have managed to install it and get it to boot. ... It has a SIS 900 PCI Ethernet port, an 802.11g Mini PCI Wireless port, ... Years ago I set up an old Compaq to use Linux, put it had a PCAMIA card ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)