Inter-process communication for real-time
- From: tns1 <tns1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:14:31 -0800
For my Arm9 board, my application will have 2 or 3 processes or maybe threads and one of ( pipe, socket, fifo, msg queue or shared memory, or?) to pass data between them. The data is about 100bytes every 50ms. Assuming I just have vanilla Linux or uCLinux without any real-time enhancements, which of the above methods will have the least processor overhead, so as to be a bit closer to meeting real-time deadlines?
My guess is that pthreads with shared memory might be best, but maybe not.
- Prev by Date: Re: accurate time resolution in ucLinux
- Next by Date: Re: accurate time resolution in ucLinux
- Previous by thread: accurate time resolution in ucLinux
- Next by thread: Re: Inter-process communication for real-time