Re: warning :section mismatch while compiling fedora 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 kernel

On Aug 14, 3:51 am, Juergen Beisert <jbeis...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nayan wrote:
Hi All
while compiling linux kernel downloaded from kernel.org i am getting
warning as given below

WARNING: vmlinux - Section mismatch: reference
to .init.text:start_kernel from .text between 'is386' (at offset
0xc1001171) and 'check_x87'
[....]
to .init.text:__alloc_bootmem from .text between 'vgacon_startup' (at
offset 0xc10f3987) and 'vgacon_scrolldelta'
WARNING: vmlinux - Section mismatch: reference
to .init.data:logo_linux_clut224 from .text between 'fb_find_logo' (at
offset 0xc10fc5a8) and 'backlight_class_release'
WARNING: vmlinux - Section mismatch: reference to .init.text:
from .text between 'iret_exc' (at offset 0xc11f9f7e) and '_etext'

The same warnings are also being reported when I compile my external
module using the above built kernel.

Is there any suggestions on how to solve this problem...?

Yes. Don't call functions marked with __init or __devinit from inside
functions not marked with these special keywords.

jbe- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for helping .Anyway to remove this warning at all either while
compiling the kernel or compiling the external module.
.