Re: Save the entire file system of an embedded system

Bogdan wrote:
I have been asked to backup the entire file system residing on a
flash memory of an embedded system. How this can be done when using as
host a PC running linux (the target also runs linux) ? The file system
type is jffs2.
I am interested also in reverting the process, that is from the
obtained binary image to install the file system on the flash.

mtd-utils. (http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/)

jbe

  • Re: Persistent storage on WinCE 5.0
    ... The web page you mentioned says to use a file system mounted as root ... Did you configure your block driver to not use the first 18MB? ... We have Flash memory driver. ... WinCE5.0 image on NAND memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Persistent storage on WinCE 5.0
    ... The web page you mentioned says to use a file system mounted as root ... Did you configure your block driver to not use the first 18MB? ... We have Flash memory driver. ... WinCE 5.0 image on NAND memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Mouting Digital Camera / USB
    ... > memory / flash memory and use it as a file system ... > to copy my files to (diskless linux client). ... If gphoto2 can *read* from this camera, then it may be possible to ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: reformat a USB with cd image
    ... How to revert it to FAT or other file system? ... You only have a limited number of write cycles on a FLASH memory. ... byte eats up that limited lifecycle. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Windows shortcuts and Linux
    ... > running Linux - it's back to square one with an ungainly file system. ... > The network drives are all using NFS, so I can't put symlinks in as ... > well as the shortcuts to reflect my dual-booting lifestyle. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)