Re: Sheevaplug - pure Linux geek juice!!!

On 8/23/2009 6:15 PM, Jerry McBride wrote:
Thad Floryan wrote:
[...]
For the $99 one gets the cross-compiler development package, too,
in case one doesn't want to compile natively (gcc) on the Plug.
Note also the Ethernet is Gigabit.

Can connect USB devices such as HDs and thumb drives:

Gee... I wonder if I can get mosix running on this and finally have
my very own, cheap/affordable cluster!

Awesome!

That it is. Apparently Debian, Ubuntu and FreeBSD are already running
on these, but it's not clear from mosix's page how much work would be
required to port to ARM architecture; this page:

<http://www.mosix.org/txt_distributions.html>

claims "Supports both 32 & 64-bit x86 architectures". Here's the CPU
info of one of my SheevaPlugs:

root@debian:~# uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.22.18 #1 Thu Mar 19 14:46:22 IST 2009 armv5tejl GNU/Linux
root@debian:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 1192.75
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp