Re: Getting Started Embedded Linux

On Feb 3, 4:01 pm, Bill <bcode...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to start learning and programming applications on embedded
linux platform. I have exeprience working with embedded systems, but
not with embedded linux. I am looking for some good books (I like
O'reilly) that have code snippets and explain details on how to build
an application on embedded linux. Also I am looking for embedded linux
kit (ARM processor preferred) that I can use to test what I learn from
the books. A book alongwith kit will be a good start as well.

Thanks in advance.

Try building embedded linux systems (
Programming for embedded linux is just the same as programming for any
Try Advanced Linux Programming for linux specific system programming
( and QT/GTK if you will be
doing GUI.

Alex Popov