Re: Getting Started Embedded Linux

Try building embedded linux systems (http://oreilly.com/catalog/
9780596002220).
Programming for embedded linux is just the same as programming for any
linux.
Try Advanced Linux Programming for linux specific system programming
(http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/) and QT/GTK if you will be
doing GUI.

Regards,
Alex Popov

Alex,

Thanks for the response. Most books I searched describe Linux Kernel
in detail and I think that is more inclined to device drivers. I'm
wondering how C/C++ programming is used to develop applications that
run on embedded linux processors such as ARM9. Would you recommend a
book that explains how C/C++ programs run on embedded linux platform?
All I'm interested in is ...develop skills so that if there is a job
opening for embedded C/C++ developer for embedded linux, I can be
prepared to explain them that I have worked on other platforms and
have good understanding of how applications are developed for embedded
linux platform.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,
Bill.

  • Re: Getting Started Embedded Linux
    ... To my knowledge there is no good book for Programming for Embedded ... If you have experience with c/c++ programming for linux (or any other ... programming for real time systems (again has nothing to do with the ... book that explains how C/C++ programs run on embedded linux platform? ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Getting Started Embedded Linux
    ... To my knowledge there is no good book for Programming for Embedded ... If you have experience with c/c++ programming for linux (or any other ... programming for real time systems (again has nothing to do with the ... book that explains how C/C++ programs run on embedded linux platform? ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: New Beginnier in Embedded linux
    ... > should start to learn the embedded linux programming... ... PiN - Präsenz im Netz GITmbH ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Getting Started Embedded Linux
    ... I am looking for some good books (I like ... an application on embedded linux. ... A book alongwith kit will be a good start as well. ... Programming for embedded linux is just the same as programming for any ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Embedded Linux pointers?
    ... >> book for understanding building an embedded Linux setup? ... > Well there's a book titled "Building Embedded Linux Systems" by ... > need to subscribe to the mailing lists (e.g. Dan Kegel's ...
    (Fedora)