Watching TV in Linux using AiTech Wavewatcher

From: Somnath Nag (somnathnag_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/12/03

Date: 12 Aug 2003 11:32:28 -0700

I have RedHat Linux 9. Got a new toy yesterday - AiTech Wavewatcher
TV-PCI TV tuner and Capture card. Put the card in the machine and when
I reboot the machine - bingo - it recognized the new hardware.
I want to test the hardware - hooked the cable and started xawtv.
Guess what - my machine hanged.
What may be the problem ? What am I missing ?

Is there a better software than xawtv ?

Frankly, I haven't played in this part of the game. I am also looking
for some HOW-TOs or document on xawtv.
I am going through the documentation of :
http://www.stanford.edu/~bescoto/linuxtv/

Hardware wise I have
Dell Dimension 2350
P4 2G with 768M memory

Any idea/pointers/documentation, how can I capture the video and put
it on the web ?

Thanks in advance to all the Linux Gurus on the net.
Somnath.