Re: TV Out on Linux

From: John-Paul Stewart (jpstewart_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 08/26/03

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:06:40 -0400

Adam wrote:

> I have a video card with a TV Out. Will it work on Linux? I would have
> thought it would be completely hardware, in other words you would be
> able to simply plug it in to a TV and whatever is going to the monitor
> goes to the TV too, but alas, it didn't work. How do you make them
> work?
>
> My specific video card is a GEForce4.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/

Note that your Linux distribution might offer pre-compiled packages.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie
    ... One vital piece of information you forgot to add was a video card. ... Also, your hardware in antiquated. ... linux or whatever. ... > It boots to the Black screen log ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: How do I configure drivers in Debian
    ... >John Beardmore wrote: ... >in XP than in linux. ... I've had linux installers barf on silly hardware before now. ... A more acid test would be to throw in an old video card, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: TV Out on Linux
    ... Adam wrote: ... > thought it would be completely hardware, in other words you would be ... > My specific video card is a GEForce4. ... Install the accelerated Linux drivers from nvidia.com. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: How do you choose a Linux distro?
    ... >> How do you choose a Linux distro? ... > hardware compatibility is the same across distributions. ... > video card, any internal or USB modems, and cutting-edge ATA controllers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: How do you choose a Linux distro?
    ... > How do you choose a Linux distro? ... All Linux distributions, by definition, use the Linux kernel, and that's ... hardware compatibility is the same across distributions. ... video card, any internal or USB modems, and cutting-edge ATA controllers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)