Re: Which is faster? Dual 1 ghz. or a Single 2 ghz.

From: Techno (nobody_at_nospam4me.com)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:03:37 GMT

Steve wrote:
> If money is a real issue, then a single, fast chip would still make you
> very happy. But see if you can beg, borrow, or steal a dual-CPU machine
> to try out, then decide whether it's worth the extra cost.
>
> steve

Very insightful!
Thanks for the reply,

I know their are variables but generally speaking.
If someone were compiling a very large program, which would get done first?
The dual 1 ghz. machine or the single 2 ghz. machine?

I'm leaning on the dual processor server. But really don't care to throw
money out the window.

Thanks again.

Any other reply's would be helpful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Its vewwy vewwy qwiet in here
    ... thinks that money is power so therefore, the richer he can claim to ... Johnny claimed he was "old money". ... cheek comments about wealth" and, to quote Steve, johnny "went nuts". ... account the last couple of posts; ...
    (uk.local.cumbria)
  • Re: Dropshipping
    ... Steve B wrote: ... world makes their money in a far different world. ... With true liquidations and distress sales, there is ABSOLUTELY NONE of the emotional baggage you'd find at a typical estate sale. ... Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Ping Steve Cole
    ... Does the Guardian report it, Steve? ... False claims mean there isn't money left for genuine things- the people ... Starbucks did pay the tax they were supposed to and generated a lot of money for the economy. ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: PC is lagging
    ... Basically its not worth the money ... So i guess that is way better than my 1.79 ghz?? ... and a valid XP Pro license COA. ... I think it's time to retire the old horse. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Has Vista slipped....again?
    ... Steve de Mena wrote: ... Then nothing is behind schedule and no features are apparently dropped to make a release date. ... Having lots of money to begin with isn't very consoling when blood is gushing out of your throat. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)