Re: Which is faster? Dual 1 ghz. or a Single 2 ghz.

From: Techno (nobody_at_nospam4me.com)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:03:37 GMT

Steve wrote:
> If money is a real issue, then a single, fast chip would still make you
> very happy. But see if you can beg, borrow, or steal a dual-CPU machine
> to try out, then decide whether it's worth the extra cost.
>
> steve

Very insightful!
Thanks for the reply,

I know their are variables but generally speaking.
If someone were compiling a very large program, which would get done first?
The dual 1 ghz. machine or the single 2 ghz. machine?

I'm leaning on the dual processor server. But really don't care to throw
money out the window.

Thanks again.

Any other reply's would be helpful.