Re: laptop keyboard dies

From: Måns Rullgård (mru_at_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: 09/03/03

Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:31:18 +0200

Jan <tibesti@5730.net> writes:

>>>thanks. The external mouse I am using is a USB wheel
>>>mouse. Unfortunately, in my case, the touchpad problem persists even
>>>when the external mouse is disconnected.
>> That's odd. Does it happen when not running X? Which kernel version
>> are you using?
>
> I haven't tried without X yet. I will tonight (no access to the
> machine now). Kernel 2.4.20-8.

It could be worth trying the Synaptics driver for the touchpad in X.
I can't recall the URL at the moment, but google should find it rather
quickly.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@users.sf.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: why we want to do folding while performing convolution
    ... only be done for kernels of an odd size ... ... Let's say you have a first order difference filter (two ... shift theorem tells you how much to shift to eliminate the linear phase ... The indices themselves are shifts and the entire kernel can be ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: why we want to do folding while performing convolution
    ... only be done for kernels of an odd size ... ... Let's say you have a first order difference filter (two ... shift theorem tells you how much to shift to eliminate the linear phase ... The indices themselves are shifts and the entire kernel can be ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Cannot ssh to OpenSolaris after upgrade to 2008.11 (build 101) from WinXP
    ... thought it was an issue with my PC, but if I revert the kernel back to ... That's what so odd. ... server, which is different from timeout, no? ... I only get that error msg when the client times out. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Athlon 64 X2 cpuinfo oddities
    ... > 2.6.15 kernel on the box and it runs very nice, ... > It may be that it's absolutely correct and not odd at all, ... > cpu cores: 1 ... > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Why does printk helps PCMCIA card to initialise?
    ... After updating to a new kernel my PCMCIA ISDN did not work ... kernel: cs: pcmcia_socket0: odd IO request: base 0x260 align 0x8 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)