Re: 25 pin serial to 9 pin serial?

From: John-Paul Stewart (jpstewart_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 09/18/03

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:40:02 -0400

Michael Soibelman wrote:

> I have an old pen plotter (Houston Instrument DMP-50) which has a 25 pin
> serial port. Can I hook this up to a 'modern' 9 pin serial connector? Is
> there a connector/adaptor I can use? Or is there some other way to hook
> up to the port?

Just get a 25-pin to 9-pin adapter/cable. Any computer store will carry
them.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to use an external USB3.0 drive with 4k sectors?
    ... Hook up disk to USB 2 Port. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: cpp-Dialog --> C#-Dialog
    ... Am 20.10.2011 05:07, schrieb Peter Duniho: ... scenario. ... You'll still need to port and hook up all the specific UI ...
  • Re: Port in use
    ... Darren Hook ... "Tim" wrote in message ... Now I get a message stating the ... > port is in use. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • PPIO - Old Hardware for Win 95 & 97...doesnt work with XP
    ... I have an old force measuring kit that connects to the parrallel port (think ... When I try to hook it up to my new computer with XP Pro OS it is unable to ... On my win 95 machine the port it works on is LPT2 with it set on the Basic ... I tried to find new hardware using the Windows tool and nothing is found... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: GUID_CLASS_COMPORT
    ... as for only one com port showing up, did you hook up a kernel debugger? ... for kernel debugging is not available and is not listed. ... Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. ...