Re: KT600 support in Linux
Date: 09/22/03

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:30:23 GMT

I just bought the Asus A7V600 yesterday. Had it up within an hour.
Networking no problem. On board sound with Alsa...discovered no
problem...but I like my Soundblaster Live. The realy bummer is that there
is no AGP support. None. I have tried the 2.6.0-test5 kernel and I get
AGP support there but everything else I need gets broken, (for example my
OV511 and IBMCAM webcams which are not included)...and my video capture
through my Radeon AIW doesn't seem to go under's just not
there yet. So in effect I have no 3D. Scant documentation. Nothing from
Via or Asus to help resolve it. If I had an Nvidia card it would contain
it's own it would probably it stands I have to be
patient...which sucks.

Aside from that the board rocks and it's a view into the
future...hopefully linux will catch up in about a month. Windows is
totally not an option.