Re: KT600 support in Linux

happy_at_camper.com
Date: 09/22/03

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:30:23 GMT

Yeah,

I just bought the Asus A7V600 yesterday. Had it up within an hour.
Networking no problem. On board sound with Alsa...discovered no
problem...but I like my Soundblaster Live. The realy bummer is that there
is no AGP support. None. I have tried the 2.6.0-test5 kernel and I get
AGP support there but everything else I need gets broken, (for example my
OV511 and IBMCAM webcams which are not included)...and my video capture
through my Radeon AIW doesn't seem to go under 2.6.0-test5...it's just not
there yet. So in effect I have no 3D. Scant documentation. Nothing from
Via or Asus to help resolve it. If I had an Nvidia card it would contain
it's own agpgart...so it would probably work...as it stands I have to be
patient...which sucks.

Aside from that the board rocks and it's a view into the
future...hopefully linux will catch up in about a month. Windows is
totally not an option.