Module hid.o does not depend on input.o
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:41:00 GMT
Hi all, please excuse my beginners' question.
I recompiled the redhat kernel that was distributed with my machine - from scratch insofar as the standard redhat "custom" postfix was added.
Everything works perfectly apart, apparently, from some module dependencies.
The new modules.dep file is built and looks very like the old one, except for the different module path.
- USB mouse does not work.
- messages apparently okay, /proc/bus/usb/devices apparently okay
- modules.dep is diff from old one in that the make determined that
hid.o did not need to depend on input.o
- loading in a careful does not help; hid.o genuinely appears not
to bother sending info to input.o
- hid.o loads but remains unused in lsmod
- cat /dev/psaux works, cat /dev/input/mouse shows nothing
- cat /dev/usb/hiddev* says no such device
- cat /dev/input/mouse* says no such device
- Kernel config specified to build all the relevant items as modules,
and there are no relevant changes from the distributed config that
with the functional distributed kernel
BTW, the reason that I care is that I had to roll my own kernel to use Xaccel ... this Dell laptop (Latitude C640) has a nightmare-no-one-supports Radeon 7500 variation.
Thanks for any help!!