remote ( client) devices access

From: Jacek (_jacenty__at_poczta.wprost.pl)
Date: 11/18/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:26:03 +0100

Hello !
I would like to ask how after establishing communication between two
computers ( terminal logged to server for instance) client devices can
be seen in programs executed on server by terminal. For example as a
terminal I have two USB sockets and one serial port. I'm logging via
TCP/IP to server. What has to be done I "could see" both USB and serial
ports of server and USB and serial ports of my own. Currently I try to
utilize CITRIX Metaframe ICA protocol but it allows me only serial port
  mapping. In other words I can see my serial ports as a network
resources and I can map them into "real" devices. But what about
mentioned USB or other devices that linux supports which I have in my
terminal ?

Best regards
Jacek