remote ( client) devices access

From: Jacek (_jacenty__at_poczta.wprost.pl)
Date: 11/18/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:26:03 +0100

Hello !
I would like to ask how after establishing communication between two
computers ( terminal logged to server for instance) client devices can
be seen in programs executed on server by terminal. For example as a
terminal I have two USB sockets and one serial port. I'm logging via
TCP/IP to server. What has to be done I "could see" both USB and serial
ports of server and USB and serial ports of my own. Currently I try to
utilize CITRIX Metaframe ICA protocol but it allows me only serial port
  mapping. In other words I can see my serial ports as a network
resources and I can map them into "real" devices. But what about
mentioned USB or other devices that linux supports which I have in my
terminal ?

Best regards
Jacek

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Transferring files from Dos6.0 to WinXP
    ... >working parallel port and serial port connection. ... drives. ... the server takes 130K+ AND must be in control of the machine. ... It has been tested with MS Windows 3.1 and Desqview 2.4 and can be run either ...
    (comp.os.msdos.misc)
  • Remote ( client) devices access
    ... computers client devices can ... be seen in programs executed on server by terminal. ... terminal I have two USB sockets and one serial port. ... What has to be done I "could see" both USB and serial ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • remote ( client) devices access
    ... computers client devices can ... be seen in programs executed on server by terminal. ... terminal I have two USB sockets and one serial port. ... What has to be done I "could see" both USB and serial ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: probs on 6.2-prerelease
    ... Danny Braniss wrote: ... The more alarming thing was that while it appeared everything was booting up from the boot up messages on the screen, I couldn't remotely log into the server in fact it appears the machine didn't bring up the Ethernet device as I couldn't even ping it. ... OK good then its not just me, yes I haven't checked if the serial port is actually enabled in the bios, still I think its quite ordinary to have a machine basically fully hang up just because theres no active serial port. ... Yeah for some reason I couldn't do that, I can't even remember all the reasons now but the main reason is because I have a USB keyboard, for some reason I can use the USB keyboard in the BIOS but as soon as the boot loader starts with the 10sec menu I loose all control of the keyboard. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Networking for CP/M
    ... Mr Roche has kindly sent me a huge amount of information about CP/M ... Notes re CP/M server program for wireless networks ... Any further bytes coming into that serial port are directed to the ... But the problem here is chaining messages from, say ALPHA to BETA to ...
    (comp.os.cpm)