Re: SATA question

From: Gonzalo Sainz-Trápaga (gomoSINSPAM_at_datafull.com)
Date: 12/14/03

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:56:49 -0300

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... But performance is not everything SATA ... the smaller form factor drives. ... > kernel, ... >> REdhat is to wrap more stuff into its coming workstation release that I ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Cargo Cult sysadmining
    ... No need for SATA, PCI, or cardbus ... I may recompile the kernel these days; ... Removing PATA "because I'll never use it" leads to you discovering ... throw ANY disks away. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Changes in SATA, IDE and ATAPI configuration
    ... At the risk of getting flamed for asking a basic question here, could I suggest that a kernel and/or driver developer provide a brief "how-to acticle" somehere that explains the way things have changed from the early 2.6.x days to more recent kernels like 2.6.14 or 2.6.15 with respect to configuring fundamental devices like IDE drives, SATA drives, and ATAPI drives. ... I have been struggling for about two weeks to move an image of an IDE OS Drive that's running a 2.6.14 kernel over to a SATA drive. ... When making fresh installs onto SATA drives, some distributions seem to load the AHCI module and some don't, on exactly the same hardware with the same kernel. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Treiber fuer SATA?
    ... wieder ein das SCSI den SCSIIDE Krieg gewonnen hat und habe AHCI ... Soweit moeglich alles im Kernel, ... SATA Festplatte ueber IDE->SATA konverter als IDE0/Master ... Platte nicht findet weil der Treiber die Hardware nicht findet. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)
  • RE: Wish for 2006 to Alan Cox and Jeff Garzik: A functional Driver for PDC202XX
    ... Device Drives\SCSI device support\Serial ATA (SATA) support: ... Device Drives\SCSI device support\Older Promise PATA controller Support ... Build the kernel, put it in /boot etc. and boot it. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)