Re: Linux Midi Playback (Edirol SD series)

From: Gavin Graham (gavindi_at_bsot.com)
Date: 01/02/04

Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 09:11:36 GMT

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:27:01 -0800, Mark Uygur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a musician who would like to switch to Linux. I need exceptional
> midi playback and really enjoy the Edirol SD series of sound modules.
>
> The SD sound modules say that they do not support Linux. Is there a
> way to get the SDs to work with Linux? If not, could anyone reccommend
> a sound card/module that has great midi playback and also works with
> most operating systems(including Linux).
>
> Thanks and happy new year,
>
> Mark

I am using an Edirol SD-20 quite sucessfully and without too much pain in
setup. I am running Fedora Core-1 with the Kernel 2.6.0 rpms as
provided by arjan.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux Midi Playback (Edirol SD series)
    ... > midi playback and really enjoy the Edirol SD series of sound modules. ... > The SD sound modules say that they do not support Linux. ... Hi, I have an edirol SC-D70 and with the module usb-audio it works well, as ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux Midi Playback (Edirol SD series)
    ... > midi playback and really enjoy the Edirol SD series of sound modules. ... > The SD sound modules say that they do not support Linux. ... Hi, I have an edirol SC-D70 and with the module usb-audio it works well, as ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... And I did not ask specificly for linux supported hardware, ... IDE CD-ROMS or DVD drives all ... > the sound events were turned on and the mixer showed volume was maximum ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... > audio which is not supported by linux. ... >> The very first thing I noticed was that there was NO SOUND even though ... >>started over with SuSE. ... So much for installing right out of the box on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [OT]: Substitute VMS for Linux in this article
    ... Linux problems, including claims that sound isn't that important in business ... Rick Spencer on the general issue of Linux hardware support: ... As an analogy, say you worked for Coca-Cola since Windows 95 came out, say ...
    (comp.os.vms)