Webcam options

From: John Opezdol (chungachanga_at_howdoesitsoundtoyou.au)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:40:42 -0800

I want to see what customers are doing with the system. Short of
intercepting X11 sessions
somehow I want to have them hook up some cheap WebCam and point it to the
screen.

Here's the list of requirements:

1. Mainstream enough to have a driver in good shape all the time (in even
kernel versions at least)
2. Inexpensive
3. Easy to hookup

How would I get access to the video produced? On Linux? On Windoze?

Thank you.

I [g]oogled before posting.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thomas Covenant series (was Re: Dark Protagonists -- are they the
    ... he had a hook at the end of each chapter that somehow kept me going. ... and the original plot somehow gets lost pretty much completely. ... version of it - but all I remember seeing is fan fiction of various sorts, ... it's sort of the crossover ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Cant hook a thread anymore
    ... You need to find the thread you want to hook, ... I know somehow Spy++ does this. ... Processes, then select one to "watch" message wise, in other words, to ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: How to certify race?
    ... It is so obvious that the additional barrier is added for you to cross. ... Somehow they will get you, by hook or by crook. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Problems with Hook
    ... I get a WM_USER+1010 via PostMessage sent to my window by another process. ... I wanted to set a Hook to somehow catch this Message, ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: How to deal with changing light effects when working with a camera
    ... Somehow you have to turn off the automatic gain control. ... option is available on your cheap webcam, ... professional cameras have that capability, ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)