Re: look for a driver for Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5702 on debian

From: Dances With Crows (danSPANceswitTRAPhcrows_at_usa.net)
Date: 03/02/04

Date: 2 Mar 2004 16:26:54 GMT

On 2 Mar 2004 08:13:41 -0800, merle staggered into the Black Sun and
said:
> Do you know where to find a driver for BCM5702. Broadcom corp. give
> one but there is only a rpm binary and the source based tgz didn't
> compile well.
> I run a knoppix on the server on which i want to install the debian
> 3.0r2 and the knoppix work well on network with a module named tg3
> (broadcom tigon 3) but where can i found it ?

A tg3 module that supports the Broadcom 5702 is in the standard kernel
source tarball for 2.4.24 available from kernel.org. If you're using an
older kernel, it's time to upgrade, though support for this card may be
in kernels older than 2.4.24. The module is in Network Devices->
Ethernet (1000 Mbit)->Broadcom Tigon3 support if you do a "make
menuconfig". HTH,

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /    mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong
http://www.brainbench.com     /                Hire me!

  • Re: Ethernet switch chips
    ... that are support by OpenWrt appear to support VLAN features which let ... They certainly had support for ADM6996 devices as drivers, and I know they have support for many other devices including Broadcom. ... these seem to be OpenWRT-specific modifications that are not part of the mainline kernel. ... I suppose it all comes down to the fact that these sorts of switch chips are not often mounted on the motherboard, except for router devices, so they are not supported in the mainline kernel or mainstream distros. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: NDIS not compiled
    ... Anyway i have my Broadcom working (not yet tested with real wireless ... The specific reason why i want to have the driver compiled into the ... kernel - i want to test the driver in the "server environment". ... >You took out pccard support from your kernel config. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: is there a laptop ?
    ... On mine nx7300 it is broadcom one and works fine via ndis. ... (either via kldload or via custom kernel) ... it caused livelocks in syscons while using powerd adp ... powerd in adaptive mode, the lowest frequency supported by CPU is,,too ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: is there a laptop ?
    ... On mine nx7300 it is broadcom one and works fine via ndis. ... (either via kldload or via custom kernel) ... 7.1 and 7-STABLE there is still a little bit annoying message ... _CRT value is absurd, ...