Programming for serial IO cards

From: beav AT wn DoT com DoT au ("beav)
Date: 03/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:22:18 +0800

Hi all!

I haven't had much C or C++ programming experience; just wondering if
anyone's had any success writing programs to control serial IO cards
(the ones that you can use to control other electronics etc...)

What is a good card to use, and where do I find info to program for it?

The cards I've looked at so far only include Qbasic listings...

I want to run under Linux.

This is a personal project.

Thanks in advance...

--
-Luke-
If cars had advanced at the same rate as Micr0$oft technology, they'd be

Relevant Pages

  • RE: LPIC passing percentage?
    ... The birth of the Altair and Imsai using the Intel 8 bit 8080 ... Dropping your first punch card deck on the floor and having ... resort the entire deck of 500 cards because you did not ... Programming my first computer in my first language ...
    (RedHat)
  • Serial IO cards
    ... I haven't had much C programming experience; ... The cards I've looked at so far only include Qbasic listings... ... If cars had advanced at the same rate as Micr0$oft technology, ... Registered Linux User #345134 ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: ti-83 basic programming / poker
    ... Put all seven cards in a list, and sort them in ascending order. ... for instance a 5c6c7c8c9c is a straight flush and so is ... code and programming this is basic can become very annoying at best. ... a pretty arbitrary game. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: My case against using COPY
    ... error prone) to physically include cards for SELECTs and FDs into a program ... by the programmer in the main deck. ... between Programming and Operations and there were arguments whenever ... COBOL implemented a COPY statement to facilitiate this, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: cooperative multitasking: how to deal with "READLN"
    ... someone else's) bus management protocol. ... you'd have to buy 485 cards. ... and you don't want the extra programming ... The hardware does everything for you, ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.borland)