Re: memtest bad ram? bad mobo? bad config?

matt_at_no.email.invalid
Date: 03/22/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:47:28 -0700

    On 2004-03-22, Brian Schoenhofer <bschoen@rogers.com> wrote:

    > Could it be that I have had 3 bad 512M pieces of RAM? Could the

    Not impossible, but unlikely.

    > motherboard be at fault and the RAM is ok? Could there be some

    Have your tried the RAM in a different board?

    > software configuration that would cause memtest to freeze the machine
    > (surely not)?

    Considering the server is locking up, I wouldn't be willing to blame memtest
    just yet.

    --
    *twitch*

    • root umask and building ports
      ... Strange sendmail behaviour after upgrade to 9.1-BETA2 ... Firefox SQLite locking issue ... server, but not A. ... NFS locking between 8.3-STABLE and 9.2-BETA2 -- ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Alocated Memory Error (SQLSERVR)
      ... but my understanding is that the MSDE instances are designed to ... and you don't want it grabbing all that RAM. ... running but non ever going about 200mb of memory usage. ... Server 2000 SP4, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: High memory usage (*HELP*)
      ... you can use Computer Management MMC to view the server logs. ... a server with 4 GB RAM, I doubt you need the second page file on D. So ... The virtual memory on D: drive is set to: 1550/3075 ... throttled ISA and Monitoring. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Alocated Memory Error (SQLSERVR)
      ... FWIW I am not using sbs 2003 premium, ... non ever going about 200mb of memory usage. ... on what you should throttle the RAM to. ... Server 2000 SP4, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Windows 2000 Server StandardEdition /PAE Question
      ... specifically the SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on that server. ... His point is that applications can only use up to 2 GB or RAM on ... a process running under Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 can ... used) with some of the memory being physical memory and some being virtual ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)