Problems With Accton EN 2242 Serice MiniPCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Mandrake 10.0 Community Beta

From: Woohoo (news_at_nofixedabode.syol.com)
Date: 04/19/04

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:37:46 +0100

I have an Acer Aspire 1200 series laptop, installed mandrake Linux 10.0,
 worked fine. Connected to the internet through my desktop (running Windows
 XP Pro internet connection sharing) fine. However after rebooting the
 Ethernet adapter failed to initialise so I cannot get a network connection.

 Reboot the same laptop in windows XP home edition and the connection works
 fine.

 Any ideas?

I have already tried V9.2 and that hung when attempting to initialise
PCMCIA, disabling PCMCIA meant the system booted but again network drivers
failed to initialise.

When I run "ifup eth0" I get the following message after a long pause:

/sbin/ifup: line 433: 2869 Hangup /etc/init.d/tmdns reload >/dev/null
2>&1

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Julian