AVB Mobile Drive

From: Hermes (eu_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 21:18:49 GMT

Hi,

Today I bought an 128MB PQI Intelligent Stick (USB 2.0) and tried on my PC.
Worked fine with Windows XP. Did not work when I booted Linux (RedHat with
kernel 2.4.20-28.7). Command line hanged when I tried to mount it, but
the cursor returned when I removed the stick from the USB slot.

Went back to the store and replaced it by an AVB. I used to have an AVB
drive, which was working fine on this system, but, alas, it broke
(physically). The new AVB drive is an USB 2.0, 64MB. However, the behavior
I have is exactly the same as with the PQI one: it hangs when I try to
mount.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
-H

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... mkraid command and the mount command in the script as you suggested (in no ... Otherwise specify the same mkraid and mount command in /etc/rc.local. ... it has no proper file system to mount. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: [SLE] Still cannot update beyond original KDE3.3--Exhausted and Depressed
    ... Open Yast, Click on Software, ... to attach the contents of the disks to the existing filesystem. ... mount point is the directory in the filesystem you will attach those ... > Like perhaps give the the exact command and where to ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... with out the fstab /dev/md0 hashed out. ... have u tried to use the mount ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... The entry in the fstab is now hashed ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... The error seems like its able to mount the partition but is not able to ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Mouting USB Flash Drive with RH 7.1
    ... dd command used to write image file on destination disk assuming destination disk is floppy. ... Gabby James wrote:I plugged the flash drive into my Windows XP machine and it asked if I ... I formatted it as FAT32 now I can successfully mount ... Now I just have to figure out what happened when I did the 'dd' command. ...
    (RedHat)