Re: really old hardware - worth it?

From: Bill Hill (WHILL5_at_nycap.rr.com)
Date: 06/07/04

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:06:34 GMT

=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> - Thomas "ZlatkO" Zajic <zlatko@gmx.at>
Linux-2.4.25/slrn-0.9.8.0 -
> - "It is not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw." (M.
.) -

=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Absolutesy try runnign any flavor of LINUX you want
I have recnetly set up two cimilar machines, one with only 64Meg of memory
and a 4Gig drive to run LINUX

The later slicker versions like SuSe even run on the platform you have
HAve fun and good luck

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WoW and Linux
    ... what flavor of Linux and any other software running to make it ... I get very decent fps after upgrading to a nvidia 8600gts ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: New releases query
    ... BTW - I understand Linux distributions, ... rpm as opposed to debian package management as a 'flavor' - I could see ... Linux but flavor could be the various brands or distros. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: A clean OS?
    ... > people say SuSe is the easiest to use, others say [insert flavor here], ... > I've been "wanting to" try Linux for eons, but distro choice is one ... > patience to try three or four different flavors of Linux, ... The new Redhat 8.0+ is absolutely the easiest OS ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Gimp Problems
    ... with the GIMP? ... flavor of Linux he's using, ... He needs a better printer driver, ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)
  • Re: Chatty Cathy rocks!
    ... GRM runs all flavors of Linux, Unix, Windows, BSD and Mac OS X. ... One of the most compelling attractions of [open source] Linux/Unix ... What runs on one flavor of *nix will most likely run on ...
    (rec.food.cooking)