mounting floppy

From: nd (nnaemeka_david_at_caramail.com)
Date: 06/11/04

    Date: 11 Jun 2004 05:05:15 -0700

    i am usinag shrike with kernel 2.4.20-8. i ran the mount command to
    mount my /dev/fd0 but could not. when i checked for errors, i received
    from /var/spool/mail/root that my kernel might have errors. also, the
    system was complaining of too many file systems mounted or bad drive
    etc when i tried mkfs followed by mount. anyone out there who could
    solve my problem? mount gave the same problem for ext2 and msdos, even
    though the entry on /etc/fstab was correct.
    i've gone through archives on this site and can't find a solution