Re: dvd burner for linux

From: Dances With Crows (danSPANceswitTRAPhcrows_at_usa.net)
Date: 06/19/04

Date: 19 Jun 2004 12:45:43 GMT

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.hardware.]
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:45:18 -0000, Michael Heiming staggered into the
Black Sun and said:
> In comp.os.linux.misc Amol Inamdar <amol.inamdar@gmail.com> suggested:
>> I am desperately looking for a dvd burner software for burning dvd+R
>> disks on linux enterprise 3.0.
> You need cdrecord-DVDpro, all those GUI front-ends are just using

Mike, he's trying to burn DVD+ discs. cdrecord-ProDVD only burns DVD-
discs.

>> I also tried K3B but surprisingly it gives me a message-- dvd write
>> sucessfull in just 40 secs for 4GB of data and infact nothing is
>> written to the dvd.

You need the dvd+rw-tools package. Make sure it's installed and that
it's the latest version available. The commandline tool is called
"growisofs". There's a page about DVD+RW recording on Linux at
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ . Th latest version of k3b
should be able to handle burning DVD+ discs without a problem, but when
I've burned DVD+ discs, I've always used growisofs from the command
line. HTH,

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /    mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong
http://www.brainbench.com     /                Hire me!

  • Re: dvd burner for linux
    ... he's trying to burn DVD+ discs. ... There's a page about DVD+RW recording on Linux at ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [SLE] Using k3b
    ... since my DVD+R discs play just fine. ... I can burn a DVD+R then grow the DVD ... That open ended disc doesn't work very well in Linux as far as I know. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Blu-Ray player for $349
    ... the cost of converting existing DVD presses to ... and so does not offer any additional features over the HD DVD format. ... many discs as HD DVD has out as taking advantage of the format. ... player has to have inside and how it works. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Amazon to Sell HD TV Shows for $2.99 Each
    ... Having a DVD or BD delivered to your mailbox. ... Watching it as many times as you desire. ... I can not recall having a BDless active queue at any time ... Yes, the surcharge is for being able to take BD discs, whether ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Babylon 5 DVDs
    ... (I'm assuming the sale is chain ... *FINALLY* with good packaging that doesn't cause discs to ... Scratches on the shiny side of the DVD very rarely ...
    (rec.arts.tv)