how to suspend+resume arima/emachine/targa athlon64 laptop

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe_at_harpo.csd.uu.se)
Date: 06/26/04

    Date: 26 Jun 2004 17:23:31 +0100

    I got a Targa Visionary Athlon64 laptop, which has the
    same Arima mainboard as those emachine M680x laptops.

    My problem is that I can't wake the machine up from
    ACPI S3 suspend (echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep).
    When opending the lid nothing at all happens. If I
    touch the space bar then the machine appears to start
    resuming (power on, disk spins up), but nothing further
    happens. The NIC is still down, and keyboard commands
    (typed blind) don't do anything.
    This is with a 2.6.7 kernel with minimal .config
    (full ACPI, VIA IDE, keyboard, ext2, not much else).

    APM suspend and standy don't work either.

    What puzzles me is that WinXP suspends and resumes
    just fine when closing/opening the lid, and it does
    this without any mobo-specific drivers, just XP SP1,
    VIA's 4in1 chipset driver, and AMD's Athlon64 powernow.

    Any ideas? A laptop w/o suspend is pretty useless...

    --
    Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
    Computing Science Department, Uppsala University

    • Re: Suspend bug
      ... I grabbed the following from dmesg when i tried to "suspend" the laptop. ... ADDRCONF: eth1: link becomes ready ... eth1: no IPv6 routers present ...
      (Fedora)
    • Suspend-to-RAM on Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Wheezy
      ... I chose to set "suspend" as the action "when the sleep button ... laptop when I pressed Fn+F4. ... responded to key presses if the computer is in the sleep/suspended ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Fresh lenny install and suspend to ram problems
      ... but I had similar problems on my laptop. ... It turned out to be the radeonfb module in my case ... ... On my system all seems to work as expected (even suspend to disk), ... It sleeps for two seconds and then it immediately resumes back, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Unable to resume amd64 machine
      ... The machine is a fujitsu S710 laptop running: ... The behavior is basically the machine seems to suspend fine but when resuming it freezes hard. ... No pccard, no sdhci, no sound, no cuse4bsd, no usb hid devices, no acpi_video or acpi_fujitsu there but the same result. ... the laptop beeped like crazy. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: ACPI and a Toshiba Tecra 8000
      ... I fixed the other null derefernce in sc_belland the laptop is now ... Here is the output when I suspend the laptop. ... pcib0: slot 4 INTA is routed to irq 11 ...
      (freebsd-current)