Shutdown Question

From: atlantic (j_at_no-spam.net)
Date: 07/03/04

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 03:50:03 GMT

On system shutdown, I notice an error from modprobe that says something to
the effect of:
...FATAL cannot ... floppy
I didn't catch all of it, but it seems to be trying to probe a floppy drive,
which I don't have.
It doesn't look like anything to worry over, but I'd like to know why this
message is coming up and what, if anything, I can do to prevent it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems module autoload in 2.6.x
    ... option for modprobe from the kernel. ... The string is coded in the module.c in 2.4.x. ... The lsmod or cat /proc/modules don't gives ... the floppy module ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: need IBM R40e NIC driver for RH9(BCM5700)
    ... then you've found the right driver. ... and modprobe will load the module and not complain. ... That's not been my experience (there is no floppy drive, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: need IBM R40e NIC driver for RH9(BCM5700)
    ... The 2.6 kernel series and modutils introduced a new ... and modprobe will load the module and not complain. ... That's not been my experience (there is no floppy drive, ... > such hardware on the board. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?
    ... >> modprobe for you when you access the floppy, ... Like "if you have an older hardware you ... Just take out the last sentence with "modprobe" if it bothers ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Help with floppy drive, YDL 4.0.1 & Beige G3
    ... I then tried "modprobe -a floppy" and got "WARNING ... Same thing with "modprobe -a ide-floppy". ... ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide. ... would like to use the floppy drive to create some linux boot disks for ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)