Re: minicom serial output

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 07/21/04

    Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:58:17 GMT

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:41:13 +0100, anonymous coward wrote:

    > I've been trying to get them to work using minicom. I've set the correct
    > data rate, flow control settings etc. etc. but minicom only seems to
    > work in one direction. It will print data from my electronics, but it
    > will not echo what I type into the keyboard into my electronics.

    Turn on and/or set the local echo in minicom, man minicom

    --
    Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Please copy me to your .sig! so I can spread
    This E-mail is safe, no Microsoft products where used in creating me!

    • Re: minicom serial output
      ... >> I've been trying to get them to work using minicom. ... >> data rate, flow control settings etc. etc. but minicom only seems to ... >> will not echo what I type into the keyboard into my electronics. ... > Turn on and/or set the local echo in minicom, ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: GNAT.Serial_Communications
      ... Also have you checked the serial link in any other way, ... Minicom) in the place of "some electronics". ... The serial link has been tested using hyperterminal and a windows ...
      (comp.lang.ada)
    • Re: GNAT.Serial_Communications
      ... across a serial interface to some electronics. ... opened the port with these options ... Minicom) in the place of "some electronics". ...
      (comp.lang.ada)
    • minicom serial output
      ... I build electronics projects that connect to a computer's serial port. ... I've been using 'hyperterm' on Windows in order to have ... I've been trying to get them to work using minicom. ... flow control settings etc. etc. but minicom only seems to work ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)