Promise FastTrak TX2000 with 2.6 kernel?

From: Massimo (barone_at_mclink.it)
Date: 09/09/04

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:26:27 +0200

Does anyone know if this RAID controller is supported with 2.6 kernels? The
Promise website only talks about 2.4-based systems... if it isn't, can the
source code provided by Promise be recompiled on a 2.6 kernel, or did
something change in driver architecture between these kernel releases?

Thanks

Massimo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3
    ... source code for the part of their Linux kernel images that provides ... the functionality "runs on Tivo DVRs". ... source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 ... WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Would I be violating the GPL?
    ... > A supplier of a PCI mezzanine digital IO card has provided a linux 2.4 ... > distributing the source code), or the proprietary source code license ... > as currently imposed by the supplier. ... I suspect all kernel modules are probably derivative works but I am not ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: kern/104406: [ufs] Processes get stuck in "ufs" stateunderpersistent CPU load
    ... The problem arrives when I copy large amount of files from FTP to another disk that is connected to the same RAID controller. ... I got IDE disk and saved kernel dump for another static hang state on it. ... Are you able to successfully run kgdb on these locally? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Embedded processor (and OS, tools) selection for long-life product
    ... This is industrial safety monitoring equipment that also has to meet some minimal radiation rating. ... The biggest change is to add an ethernet port which could be satisfied by some kind of separate serial to ethernet adaptor design as long as all the IP were available. ... The original system design used the Intel i960 running the Intel iRMK kernel. ... You need to make sure that you get the source code for the entire design as well as the source code for the entire toolchain. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: clock_settime/settimeofday issue observed on 64-bit
    ... kernel source code ... kernel mailing list ... Red Hat puts out patched kernels. ... handles negative values in the nanosecond field by decrementing the ...
    (comp.lang.c)