Re: USB - IDE Adapters/Enclosures

From: Hognoxious \(Astraweb\) (hognoxious_kosher_at_!not!so!hotmail.com)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:10:42 +0200

"Bob Tennent" <BobT@cs.queensu.ca> wrote in message
news:slrnckjknp.3iq.BobT@Linus.cs.queensu.ca...
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:42:40 +0200, Hognoxious wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a USB adapter or enclosure that will work with
linux (I
> > use redhat 7.1 - yes it's old, I won't bore you with the reason why)
>
> Don't do it. Upgrade to a recent kernel at least. I won't bore you with
> the reason why.

That's what's so great about linux, the helpful community. Not like the
smug jerks who inhabit the M$ groups.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [kde] OK, I found my (Kmail) LOST email
    ... Now here's an ALPHA quality product: ... newer Linux distro releases. ... make a assessment on wether to upgrade or wait. ... I read the canned reviews (none of which said that FC9 and KDE4 were ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: machine
    ... Thanks for the excellent response to my questions about linux packaging. ... So there is a package manager of sorts for slackware. ... I wasn't actually going to upgrade because I was ... Mozilla would not install because I have galeon ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Bad sectors... how bad?
    ... > Dude, linux is free, if MS want's to start giving away their OS's I'll ... >>> and the $100 upgrade is that the upgrade looks for previous installs. ... > online to fully update all the patches. ... >> So when a vulnerability is found you want to remain vulnerable for 6 ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Penis-Waving Goats (Planned Weekend Gaming 30/06/06)
    ... I would quite like to play Dapper Drake this weekend too. ... Then 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade'. ... CD to ghost my linux disk across the network. ... Then I had to write zeros into the empty space on my linux hard disk to ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • RE: Database replication to facilitate OS upgrade.
    ... Database replication to facilitate OS upgrade. ... Does anyone know of or have any success using any third party products ... to replicate an Informix instance across two servers with different ... You said you destination OS is 64 bit Linux and that the source is ...
    (comp.databases.informix)