Re: Installing a new disk & moving everything to it?

From: Jason L. Woodruff (damnspamhasalreadygotme_at_spam.net)
Date: 09/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:37:34 -0500

Andrew Backer wrote:
> I have a fairly standard setup : boot, swap, main, and a fat32 for sharing
> with windows. Boot loader is grub loading win2k from the other disk.
>
> I just picked up a much larger/faster/etc drive, and would like to move the
> entire linux setup to it w/o reinstalling everying
>
> Any good tutorials on how to do this, or a decent forum site? Can I find
> help here? I'm used to the windows world & pqmagic, though I assume that
> wouldn't work here. This is a major upgrade for my little gentoo install,
> which is sitting on a crappy little 20 gigger while I try it out.
>
> While I'm in the process i'd like to create a couple of other partitions,
> but thats not critical :)
>
> Thanks!

I've wrote a tutorial, check it out -->

http://jlwoodruff.mystarband.net/copy.htm

good luck!

--
Registered Linux user #339721
Visit me @ http://jlwoodruff.mystarband.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installing a new disk & moving everything to it?
    ... > with windows. ... > the entire linux setup to it w/o reinstalling everying ... You have four partitions and you think you want more? ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Iczelions tutorials revisited.
    ... >> Test Departement Tutorials and Iczelion Tutorials, ... > of a Windows program isn't very complicated. ... the "teach yourself Window Assembler programming ... > Learning the API seems like the "hard part" to me. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: ASM noob - couple of questions
    ... comes to Windows programming. ... When you talk of "tutorials for beginners", ... The Visual Tuts? ... learn and unlearn later when using another assembler. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Hi, having trouble with networking
    ... > the past week and I'm getting nowhere,dont want to go back to windows ... I have setup modem and internet, ... > tutorials on the web I have found just dont help. ... Managed to install it fine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Hi, having trouble with networking
    ... > Sorry if this is a well worn topic, but been searching out there for ... > the past week and I'm getting nowhere,dont want to go back to windows ... I have setup modem and internet, ... > tutorials on the web I have found just dont help. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)