Fedora Core 3 - I cannot set my monitor to be LCD and change its resolution.

From: Tiago Garcia (tiago.garcia_at_verizon.net)
Date: 11/18/04

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:13:40 GMT

Hi there!

I have a laptop Sony Vaio PCG-FX140 (P3 - 700Mhz, 128Mb RAM) and I have the
Fedora Core 3 on my machine. I am trying to change the resolution and its
settings for the LCD screen. As it now, when I go to "Display setting", it
says "Monitor Type: Unkwon monitor". When I attempt to change to LCD monitor
the "OK" button is unable to be clicked. My LCD screen is capable aof a
resolution of 1600x1280 but I cannot go more then 800x600 with the current
configuration. Thus, I would like to know how I could set my monitor to be a
LCD monitor thru the shell so that I can change my screen to get the most
from it.