Fedora Core 3 - I cannot set my monitor to be LCD and change its resolution.

From: Tiago Garcia (tiago.garcia_at_verizon.net)
Date: 11/18/04

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:13:40 GMT

Hi there!

I have a laptop Sony Vaio PCG-FX140 (P3 - 700Mhz, 128Mb RAM) and I have the
Fedora Core 3 on my machine. I am trying to change the resolution and its
settings for the LCD screen. As it now, when I go to "Display setting", it
says "Monitor Type: Unkwon monitor". When I attempt to change to LCD monitor
the "OK" button is unable to be clicked. My LCD screen is capable aof a
resolution of 1600x1280 but I cannot go more then 800x600 with the current
configuration. Thus, I would like to know how I could set my monitor to be a
LCD monitor thru the shell so that I can change my screen to get the most
from it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple 30" Monitor
    ... Not sure about the actual resolution, but as far as fuzzy fonts go, you should change anti-aliasing setting. ... Play around with those settings and see which one works better for you. ... 30" HD Cinema LCD monitor. ...
    (Fedora)
  • PLEASE HELP - problem with graphics card / monitor
    ... "Monitor with ID: HSD1508 not found." ... I looked at what was in the graphics card info. ... 320M" and then "V1 AGP" (on a below line in advanced monitor settings ... 640x4xx (something like that - THE LOWEST POSSIBLE RESOLUTION IN ANY ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] Advice needed re getting setting right for new monitor
    ... I just hooked up a new 27" LG monitor which has 2560x1440 resolution to my 13.1 system and using DVI-D cable. ... After I logged in I went to use the nVidia settings and while the settings recognised the monitor and its resolution I could not save the ... The monitor is actually connected to the video card with both HDMI and DVI-D, but on the monitor the DVI-D is selected as the input. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Monitor Resolution and Bit Settings Keep changing
    ... The one time on a reboot that I got the resolution to stay, ... desktop settings didn't load. ... The only other thing I can try is to bring my laptop back to the monitor I ... I have tried reinstalling the graphic drivers and ...
  • Re: My monitor will not work with XP
    ... resolution, refresh rate) simply exceed the capabilities of the ... Try adjusting the various settings, ... select Properties> Settings> Advanced> Monitor to adjust the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)