SoundBlaster Live Under Fedora 2 problem

From: The Guy (TheGuy_at_BaddaBingBaddaBoom.org)
Date: 11/21/04

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:45:52 GMT

I have a dual boot Gateway machine with a SoundBlaster Live card.

The sound card works well under the nasty OS from Redmond, but I have been
unable to make it work under Fedora 2.

The soundcard detection utility regognizes that the EMU10k1 is loaded.

Performing lsmod returns:
Module Size Used by
snd_emu10k1 94793 0
snd_rawmidi 26853 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_pcm 98761 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_timer 30021 1 snd_pcm
snd_seq_device 8137 2 snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi
snd_ac97_codec 64529 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_page_alloc 9801 2 snd_emu10k1,snd_pcm
snd_util_mem 4801 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_hwdep 9413 1 snd_emu10k1
snd 54949 7 snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_seq_device,snd_ac97_codec,snd_hwdep
soundcore 10145 1 snd

<snip>

So it looks like the module is being loaded and recognized, but I am
unable to get any sound out of the speakers at all.

Is there a way to dump a map of the resources used by hardware devices so
I can ascertain how the sound card is configured under Fedora 2?

Thanks,

Tim

--
No BoomBoom for me tpendleton@BoomBoomVerizon.net