SoundBlaster Live Under Fedora 2 problem

From: The Guy (TheGuy_at_BaddaBingBaddaBoom.org)
Date: 11/21/04

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:45:52 GMT

I have a dual boot Gateway machine with a SoundBlaster Live card.

The sound card works well under the nasty OS from Redmond, but I have been
unable to make it work under Fedora 2.

The soundcard detection utility regognizes that the EMU10k1 is loaded.

Performing lsmod returns:
Module Size Used by
snd_emu10k1 94793 0
snd_rawmidi 26853 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_pcm 98761 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_timer 30021 1 snd_pcm
snd_seq_device 8137 2 snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi
snd_ac97_codec 64529 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_page_alloc 9801 2 snd_emu10k1,snd_pcm
snd_util_mem 4801 1 snd_emu10k1
snd_hwdep 9413 1 snd_emu10k1
snd 54949 7 snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_seq_device,snd_ac97_codec,snd_hwdep
soundcore 10145 1 snd

<snip>

So it looks like the module is being loaded and recognized, but I am
unable to get any sound out of the speakers at all.

Is there a way to dump a map of the resources used by hardware devices so
I can ascertain how the sound card is configured under Fedora 2?

Thanks,

Tim

--
No BoomBoom for me tpendleton@BoomBoomVerizon.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 21, Issue 27
    ... After install ALSA driver of sound card, I can here voice if I connect my sound box. ... I installed Fedora Linux on my laptop (DELL Lattitude ... Apache Httpd on FC4 screwed up? ... FrontPage ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How do I get SB X-FI sound card working on Fedora 12
    ... Have you un-muted your sound card? ... Audio in linux / Fedora has always been a challenge for me. ... So, first of all, the kernel modules which are supposed to support integrated Intel audio chips get loaded, and they shouldn't. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: For Siva: Re: Red Hat News
    ... Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote: ... Which os you need install in your system. ... sound card in FC2 ASAP. ... Siva, Fedora Core 2 is not supported anymore, officially. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 323
    ... > I have a major problem in my attempts to configure sound for my Fedora ... >> but with no network, ... > That all sounds very ACPI or IOAPIC to me, try disabling them at boot ... > what does lspci say for the sound card? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CD-ROM not playing music
    ... Jamie Cadorette wrote: ... >Fedora and everything went well. ... >read the disc fine. ... If the sound card does not work, how can you expect sound from the CD???? ...
    (Fedora)