Re: Mounting a Dimage A2 camera

From: Dominique Dumont (domi_at_komarr.grenoble.hp.com)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:32:52 GMT

Jean-Yves Briend <briend@cmi.univ-mrs.fr> writes:

> i can almost get rid of windo on my laptop which runs under
> debian. Almost because i do not manage to mount my Dimage A2 as a
> vfat disc on the usb port. When i turn on the camera, the console
> displays a message like saying that the connexion has timed
> out. Trying to mount it manually says that /dev/sda1 is not a valid
> block device. Am i condemned to have windo polluting my hard drive?

I can mount my Minolta A1 camera without any problem (on kernel
2.6). The A2 should work fine.

Verify that your usb_storage and usb_ohci (this one may depend on your
hardware, other hardware need usb_ehci) modules are loaded.

Add this in your /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/minolta/ vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

After your have plugged your camera, do :
$ mount /mnt/minolta

And you should be able to read your files.

HTH

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they