Re: Mounting a Dimage A2 camera

From: Dominique Dumont (domi_at_komarr.grenoble.hp.com)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:32:52 GMT

Jean-Yves Briend <briend@cmi.univ-mrs.fr> writes:

> i can almost get rid of windo on my laptop which runs under
> debian. Almost because i do not manage to mount my Dimage A2 as a
> vfat disc on the usb port. When i turn on the camera, the console
> displays a message like saying that the connexion has timed
> out. Trying to mount it manually says that /dev/sda1 is not a valid
> block device. Am i condemned to have windo polluting my hard drive?

I can mount my Minolta A1 camera without any problem (on kernel
2.6). The A2 should work fine.

Verify that your usb_storage and usb_ohci (this one may depend on your
hardware, other hardware need usb_ehci) modules are loaded.

Add this in your /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/minolta/ vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

After your have plugged your camera, do :
$ mount /mnt/minolta

And you should be able to read your files.

HTH

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Film SLR or Digital Camera?
    ... If you are experimenting with imaging, there is NO better solution out there to get you started. ... This camera is capable of low noise RAW 5 minute exposures at ISO 400, and digital data is easily manipulated on a PC using a plethora of software options, some free, some not. ... There are several clones of the "original" low end amateur mount that allowed for reasonable success with light gear and moderate exposure times, ... The EQ-5/CG-5 Polar Scope sucks, the Vixen GP Polar Scope is AMAZING, if properly installed and calibrated to the mount. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Film SLR or Digital Camera?
    ... explore film based camera first and then move on to the digital ... with imaging, there is NO better solution out there to get you started. ... to let the scope settle. ... about the mount. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: more about the camera design I would like to have
    ... |> so adaptors work easily) mount that is actually closer. ... |> it on an SLR can damage both lens and camera mirror). ... able to use all those SLR lenses. ... uses an LCD display in the viewfinder in live mode, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Nikon D40 with 300mm lens AND teleconverter (Nikkor AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II)
    ... capable EOS system and it's EF mount. ... and 40 year old lenses still mount and work perfectly ... Matrix/evaluative metering may be degraded, as the camera cannot ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: analemma
    ... of the analemma and the other of the foreground. ... What you could is to setup a permanent pier which is oriented for the mean azimuth of your analemma of interest for the twelve months. ... You will also need some sort of mechanism, either fixed or permanent, for the camera itself and which address the issue of the mean altitude for the same analemma. ... you may wish to construct a mount which will fit into the permanent pier like a glove each and every time so that you will always be oriented precisely the same for both dimensions. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)