Re: Is my cd/dvd drive bootable..?

From: Henrik Carlqvist (Henrik.Carlqvist_at_deadspam.com)
Date: 12/05/04

    Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:44:18 +0100

    cga9999@softhome.net (cga) wrote:
    > I can boot from a CD..". Does this automatically mean that if the
    > drive can read video dvd's in linux it will be able to *boot* from
    > one? Is there any way I can verify this capability before I order a
    > dvd-packaged distro?

    It will probably be able to boot from a DVD. You could verify it by
    burning a bootable DVD and try. There are live CD Linux distributions
    which you can use to test if it boots from CD. There are also a few live
    DVD Linux distributions you could test with if it boots from a DVD. Go to
    google and search for "live dvd linux download".

    regards Henrik

    hc2(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
    info@k-software.biz svar@webtelevision.se info@webrider.ru root@localhost