Re: Is my cd/dvd drive bootable..?

From: Henrik Carlqvist (Henrik.Carlqvist_at_deadspam.com)
Date: 12/05/04

    Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:44:18 +0100

    cga9999@softhome.net (cga) wrote:
    > I can boot from a CD..". Does this automatically mean that if the
    > drive can read video dvd's in linux it will be able to *boot* from
    > one? Is there any way I can verify this capability before I order a
    > dvd-packaged distro?

    It will probably be able to boot from a DVD. You could verify it by
    burning a bootable DVD and try. There are live CD Linux distributions
    which you can use to test if it boots from CD. There are also a few live
    DVD Linux distributions you could test with if it boots from a DVD. Go to
    google and search for "live dvd linux download".

    regards Henrik

    hc2(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
    info@k-software.biz svar@webtelevision.se info@webrider.ru root@localhost

    • Re: Boot Problem
      ... I had originally set it up with the CD burner as master and the DVD ... see a red X next to something, but it either won't boot or works perfectly. ... On reboot, BIOS screens all run normally, then there is a 50/50 ...
    • P5E3 Deluxe WiFi/AP: Cant Find SATA Boot Device Error
      ... when trying to boot to a WIndows Vista 32-bit ... The DVD drive is set as ... The installation program then stated ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
    • Re: DVD Drive does not boot W7 DVD- Supplimental
      ... the drive the boot gets to "CD ROM Boot Priority....Boot Ready_" but ... The DVD boots on 2 other computers (you get to the "Press any key to ... Anyone out there install W7 on a P6T with a SATA DVD drive? ... you did say "Upgrade DVD". ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • OT- Odd Linux/Acronis behavior on laptop
      ... When doing a system drive backup I always boot the Acronis DVD, which is Linux based, and image the drive w/o the OS running. ... When it finished and I go to exit, it does not boot back into Windows as the desktops do. ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: DVD Drive does not boot W7 DVD- Supplimental
      ... the drive the boot gets to "CD ROM Boot Priority....Boot Ready_" but ... The DVD boots on 2 other computers (you get to the "Press any key to ... I would think, if you can read the media while in WinXP, maybe it ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)