Re: Linux on Pentium 100

From: Måns Rullgård (mru_at_inprovide.com)
Date: 12/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:11:55 +0100

Abdullah Ramazanoglu <abdullah@ramazanoglu.tr> writes:

> begin juanma dedi ki:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Juanma
>
>> I have a Pentium 100 and I would like to install Linux on it. I don't
>> know to much about it but I would like to learn. The question is that I
>> don't know what version is the best to do that. Could anybody help me
>> and tell me where can I get it, I mean download it from the web.
>
> I don't know how much RAM and disk space you've got, but don't expect
> satisfactory graphical desktop performance from that system.

I was quite satisfied running X on a Pentium 133 with 64 MB RAM back
a number of years ago. Of course, there were no such things as gnome
and kde back then.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is Fedora 6 fit in IBM A21 notebook?
    ... I have a IBM A21p notebook with Pentium III 850 Mhz CPU and 512 RAM. ... want to install Linux on it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • best overall Linux flavor, version
    ... I want to install Linux in an old Pentium PC I just bought (a Pentium 233 w/ ... 128M ram). ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Newbie to Linux questions on what Linux to use
    ... I have acquired a PC to install Linux on. ... Pentium II with about 250 MB RAM ... What Linux system can I use on it? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Instalar Linux en PC con poca RAM
    ... Los sistemas GNU/Linux actuales, con el más ligero de los entornos de ... Si ya lo probaste entonces te recomiendo que te ... un poco mejor que el Pentium Classic, pero peor que el Pentium II), 288 de ... abierta consume cerca de 35MB de RAM y abriendo pcman, gpicview, abiword, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: what new pc? Pentium 4 650 or INTEL VIIV PENTIUM D 920
    ... The advent one has 4/650 processor, twice as much ram 2048mb and ... im aware that Ghz clock speeds do not always indicate which will be ... The Pentium 650 is a single-core chip but at a higher clock speed. ... same specs as the "Advent" system you linked above, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)