installing linux on a brand new hard drive

From: hardsteppa (daveNOSPAMREMOVErutt_at_lycos.co.uk)
Date: 12/22/04

Date: 22 Dec 2004 11:49:26 -0800

I'm building my own pc and want to run linux on it rather than windows.
This is going to have a brand new hard drive in it that has never had
any sort of os on it before. I was wondering how i would install linux
(and which version would be the best for this) directly onto the hdd.
All the installation guides i've looked at have talked about
partitioning from windows, but as i'm not gonna have windows on it i
wondered how to do it.

The pc will be in an asus pundit-r case, with a celeron d 2.4ghz
processor, a 120gb maxtor hard drive and 512 mb of crucial pc3200 RAM.
There is an asus optical drive included too but no floppy.
any help would be appreciated

cheers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [OT]: OS as religions (was: Raw Convertors)
    ... to be a real competition to the Internet. ... WinCE isn't Windows. ... you're a closet Linux user. ... have attempted to install Linux and had problems. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)