Looking for a strong wireless network USB adapter...

ANTant_at_zimage.com
Date: 12/26/04

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:19:38 -0600

Hello.

I am looking for a stronger wireless network USB adapter since my current
old D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+ USB Adapter is not strong enough and not
compatible with MacOS X 10.2.8 and Linux (Debian; Kernel 2.6.8; I know
there is a third party experimental driver). It works OK in Windows XP
Professional SP2 and 2000 SP4.

What's the best powerful and not so expensive network USB Adapter to
connect to WAPs at great distances? This D-Link one likes to disconnects
and sometimes cannot pick up a lot of WAPs. I am planning to use the new
one for my old 15" PowerBook G4 1 Ghz (its Airport is very weak), desktop
machines, etc. so I will be switching between computers often and taking
it with me to places if needed. Linux and MacOS X drivers are important
and must be easy to set up with little compilation and configuration.

Are there any after Christmas sales? I live in Los Angeles county and I
would like to buy from a retail store like Best Buy, Circuit City,
CompUSA, Fry's Electronics, Office Depot, Staples, PC Club, Nexcom, etc.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays! :)

--
"It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?" --Henry
David Thoreau
| |o   o| |                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                        Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    ( )