VESA or LCD???

From: Dennis J. Tuchler (dennis_at_linux.site)
Date: 12/31/04

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:40:23 GMT

When I installed SuSE 9.2 on my Dell Inspiron 8600, the installation
program selected VESA rather than LCD for my monitor. I expect to connect
this computer to a large flat LCD screen, using the same card, through a
docking device.

I am a mite shell-shocked with respect to using Sax2 so I my question,
before I do anything is this: Would it be better to set the screen for
LCD rather than VESA? If Not, What alternative do I have with rspect to
the LCD screen to which I will attach the computer through the docking
system?

Thanks

dj tuchler

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LCD monitor and Suse 8.2
    ... ]I have just installed Suse 8.2 and it recognised my old CRT monitor but ... ]when I replaced it with a Hyundai LCD monitor things went pearshaped. ... ]the command prompt I enter Sax2 and change the monitor selection to LCD ... ]I have had a look at the XF86Config file but can't see anything, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: VESA or LCD???
    ... >> program selected VESA rather than LCD for my ... > VESA refer to the videocard, not the monitor. ... > really matter, the only things that matters are the correct vertical ... LCD is one of the options ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)